Photo by Loren Biser from Pixabay
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vSwIZXzLQ3gGwHwREq47U_ebQsRedllvmTBr-CdBVL14INx2PcycfJO9bmoqo56BI4c3FpPIQmTW2Y1/pub?start=true&loop=false&delayms=3000
I have made a slideshow that speaks directly to information about the group "Buffalo Mountain Volunteer Stewardship Committee". This is a local committee of volunteers who formed in 2005 to come together and assist the Commonwealth of Virginia in protecting, cleaning, infrastructure support, monitoring and managing the Buffalo Mountain Natural Area Preserve.
I have also reached out to the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation to determine how I can join this volunteer group. I am excited about the opportunity and hope to hear back soon!
UPDATE: As of August 25th, I have still not been able to reconnect with the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation to try and either join an existing citizen led volunteer group or to work with them to create one. I did learn that the local committee was co-chaired by two gentlemen when the volunteer group started in 2005 and both have since passed away. I will continue to try and reach out to VDCR to see how I can be of service to them and BMNAP.
Comments
Post a Comment