Photo by Eko Promano from Pixabay
SUCCESS! I finally received a response from the Department of Conservation and Resources in Virginia. They informed me which rare plants should be at their peak blooming stage now and that they should all be able to be seen at the summit. When I mentioned from the trails I was not able to see them last month, they said they would keep me in mind for when one of their employees does a field visit. They will reach out when the field visit is going to occur so I can join along! Another piece of information they provided is they do approve research permits so if I wanted to hike//photograph at spots other than the marked trails, and it is for a legit research need, I can apply for a permit. Permits typically take 30 days for approval. This is something I will keep in my back pocket, but I would much rather go with an employee who knows exactly what to look for and can point things out to me.
This is exciting news for me- I cam very hopeful they remember to contact me for a field visit!!!
Comments
Post a Comment